Embrace the Power of NOW
Look until you can hear. Listen until you can see.
Everyone's first question about meditation is "Why?"
The benefits of meditation are endless. But let's start with health!
Meditation has been scientifically proven to activate the relaxation response, and as a result, almost every health condition improves from cardiac arrhythmias, allergic skin reactions, and anxiety to hypertension, infertility, insomnia and all forms of pain.
Meditation has been shown to decrease stress-related cortisol, reduce respiration and heart rate, reduce the metabolic rate, increase blood flow in the brain, increase activity in the left prefrontal cortex (which is observed in happier people), strengthen the immune system, and lead to a state of relaxation.
As if that's not enough, meditation also reduces work stress, and depression, improves cognitive function, reduces alcohol abuse, improves longevity, and heightens quality of life. Can I get an 'Amen!'
Beyond the substantial health benefits of meditation, the greatest gift of meditation is the sense of calm and inner peace it brings into your daily life. When you meditate you cleanse the lens through which you experience your existence. It allows you to cherish the moments of connection, of attunement with the rhythms of the universe, of communion.
So, you see, it's really very simple - when you meditate, you feel happier, more at ease and more comfortable with yourself and the world. Perhaps a better question is 'Why not meditate?'
Don't just do something. Sit there.
Beth's Meditation Offerings:
- Monday Meditation Series at TLC Norwalk (weekly - daytime and early evening times- please register)
- Monthly Meditation Evening at TLC Norwalk (check calendar)
- DailyTLC Meditation eCourse (delivered to your inbox!)
- Private Meditation Session (solo or create your own group - your place or mine)
- No Mud No Lotus: Meditation & Writing Afternoon (see calendar)
- Meditation Sampler Afternoon (see calendar)